- Glutathione for skin lightening
Glutathione (GSH) either as oral supplements or IV drips as skin lightening agents are the […]
- Skin changes during pregnancy
Pregnancy, one of the most beautiful journey for a women, but it can be associated […]
- Acids in Skincare
We’ve all heard of acids such as glycolic acids, and if you’re acne prone- salicylic […]
- Dark circles: More than meets the eye
Dark circles though very common, can be difficult to address. Many factors are involved in […]
- Understanding oily skin
Oily skin medically done as a “Seborrhoea” is described for skin that feels greasy, looks […]
- Dark spots post acne
Medically termed as “Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation” or PIH, these are dark brown to blue to […]
- How to store skincare products?
I got a few questions on how to store skincare products when one is living […]
- Vitamin B5 in skin care
Vitamin B5 is also called Panthothenic acid which comes from the greek word “Panthos” meaning […]
- An update on body acne (truncal acne)
I’ve written post on this a while ago, and not much data was available then […]
- Red scars or Post inflammatory erythema
Post acne erythema are also called post acne erythema or macular erythema. They are persistent […]
- Cracked feet, Corns and Calluses
Be it cracked feet, corns or calluses, everyone of us has suffered from either of […]
- Atopic eczema: On the rise
Atopic dermatitis or eczema is a chronic inflammatory skin condition characterised by recurrent acute flares […]
- Pityriasis alba
A skin condition better known as “Khaid” in my mother tongue : Khasi. Pityriasis alba […]
- Christmas gift guide
Do you have loved ones who enjoys a skincare or even just trying out as […]
- Winter skin care
I recently visited my hometown, Shillong in the north eastern part on India during the […]
- Paraben in skincare and cosmetics
Parabens have been been used since the 1920s safely as preservatives in skin care products, […]
- Do pimple patches work?
Do you often get your breakouts just before one event? Have you ever used Pimple […]
- Are antiperspirants and deodorants safe?
Aluminium has been shown to possess some undesirable biological effects on human body and exposure […]
- How to achieve the best results with your skin care regimen?
How many times have you tried an anti-aging or anti-acne creams or a brightening serum […]
- Chemical peels: the modern day equivalent to Cleopatra’s beauty regimen
The quest for youth and beauty dates back to centuries ago when Cleopatra allegedly bathed […]
- Freckles or Sun spots?
The beauty standards of this world fuelled by unrealistic expectations through social media has made […]
- Melasma: the number one facial pigmentation
As I was growing up I’ve seen my mum and most of my aunts trying […]
- Fungal Acne: A misnomer. Medically it’s called Pityrosporum folliculitis
Acne is such a common condition that to an untrained eye, all red bumps (papules/pustules) […]
- Understanding hair fall
We have all, at one point in time, dealt with excessive hair fall that alarmed […]
- Biotin: the lack of science behind its use as a hair supplement
Continuing my hair care series, I thought this topic is definitely worth writing about. Biotin […]
- Prickly heat : Another nuisance of the summers
Summer is here is various parts of India!!! Its hot, its humid, we’re sweating and […]
- A dermatologist’s take on DIY skincare
As a dermatologist, I’m a firm believer in evidence based medicine. We study dermatological issues […]
- Hair oils: Science behind its use in hair care
Hair oil application has been the basic hair care remedy for beautiful, black, luscious hair […]
- Dandruff : What you need to know.
Dandruff is part of a common dermatological condition called “Seborrhoeic dermatitis” with dandruff being the […]
- The wedding glow
I’ve been slacking with creating new content for the past few months, its been difficult […]
- A taste of Coffee for your skin and hair
Coffee and tea has become the key to a great day. Majority of us start […]
- Azaelic acid for your skin care
Azaelic acid is one of the most underrated active skin care ingredient which is found […]
- Controversies regarding sunscreens
This is in continuation the my “All About Sunscreens” post. There are a few controversies […]
- All about sunscreens
Sunscreens are the number one skin care product every dermatologist swears by. In the Western […]
- Retinoid for fighting pigmentation, acne and ageing skin.
As part of the series for active ingredients for pigmentation and as a continuation to […]
- Niacinamide- the “magic” behind fairness cream?
As the hunt for white skin continues especially in a country like India, where “pale, […]
- To pee or not to pee? The tale of the Jellyfish sting.
Summer is here and the beach is on our mind! Sunburns and sun safety are […]
- How to deal with Truncal Acne?
Acne, also known as acne vulgaris, is one of the commonest reason for a patient […]
- Vitamin C for skin care
When I first read the chapter on “Nutrition in Dermatology” during my course of residency, […]
- Do we need to fear the sun?
There is nothing like a bright sunny summer day to lighten up your mood. The […]
- Do you know your Skin Type?
Dermatologist used a scale called Fitzpatrick scale or Fitzpatrick skin type (FST) to classify the […]
- The Journey Begins
Hi, I’m Dr Naphi, I started this blog so that I’ll be able to share hoping that it will help you better understand dermatological issues and care for it accordingly.